You can set up Heroku log ingestion for LogDNA either by installing the LogDNA Heroku Add-on available in the Heroku Elements Marketplace, or by setting up Heroku Log Drains. You may prefer to use Heroku log drains if you have a mixed distribution of Heroku apps and non-Heroku services. Instructions for both set up configurations are available in the LogDNA Web App.
Follow the instructions in the LogDNA Web App to set up Heroku log ingestion using your LogDNA ingestion key.
- Log in to the LogDNA Web App.
- In the left-hand navigation, click the Help icon.
- Click Logging Setup.
- Under Via platform, click Heroku.
- Follow the instructions to set up Heroku log ingestion using the method you prefer.
Note that your LogDNA ingestion key is automatically inserted into the configuration code.
Date Usage Charges for Multiple Heroku Apps
If you have more than one Heroku app using the LogDNA Heroku add-on:
- The features from the most expensive LogDNA plan will apply to all of your apps
- The data for each LogDNA plan is additive, so if you have a plan with 10 MB and another with 20 MB, your total volume would be 30 MB
- The data for each LogDNA plan is part of a total pool available to all your apps
Using the "Share this Heroku App?" Option in the LogDNA Add-on
We don't recommend that you use this option. Enabling it will cause all of your logs to be grouped under the original Heroku app where you installed the add. This makes it difficult and confusing to distinguish which log lines came from which Heroku app. Instead, we strongly recommend that you install the add-on for each Heroku app that you want to send logs to LogDNA.
Enable Logging for Private Spaces for the Mezmo Add-on
You must enable logging for Private Spaces when you create them to use Private Space Logging.
Finding Dyno Information
Updated 1 day ago