LogDNA is now Mezmo
LogDNA has recently become Mezmo. As you access technical resources like our API, Code Libraries, and GitHub repositories, you will continue to see references to LogDNA for a short time as we update our new name across all our resource channels.
You can set up Heroku log ingestion for Mezmo either by installing the Mezmo Heroku Add-on available in the Heroku Elements Marketplace, or by setting up Heroku Log Drains. You may prefer to use Heroku log drains if you have a mixed distribution of Heroku apps and non-Heroku services. Instructions for both set up configurations are available in the Mezmo Web App.
Follow the instructions in the Mezmo Web App to set up Heroku log ingestion using your Mezmo ingestion key.
- Log in to the Mezmo Web App.
- In the left-hand navigation, click the Help icon.
- Click Logging Setup.
- Under Via platform, click Heroku.
- Follow the instructions to set up Heroku log ingestion using the method you prefer.
Note that your Mezmo ingestion key is automatically inserted into the configuration code.
Date Usage Charges for Multiple Heroku Apps
If you have more than one Heroku app using the Mezmo Heroku add-on:
- The features from the most expensive Mezmo plan will apply to all of your apps
- The data for each Mezmo plan is additive, so if you have a plan with 10 MB and another with 20 MB, your total volume would be 30 MB
- The data for each Mezmo plan is part of a total pool available to all your apps
Using the "Share this Heroku App?" Option in the Mezmo Add-on
We don't recommend that you use this option. Enabling it will cause all of your logs to be grouped under the original Heroku app where you installed the add. This makes it difficult and confusing to distinguish which log lines came from which Heroku app. Instead, we strongly recommend that you install the add-on for each Heroku app that you want to send logs to Mezmo.
Enable Logging for Private Spaces for the Mezmo Add-on
You must enable logging for Private Spaces when you create them to use Private Space Logging.
Finding Dyno Information
Updated 13 days ago